We're looking for a Web Developer with experience of using Azure DevOps to join our applications delivery team within our Digital and Change Division.
This is an exciting opportunity to help develop system modifications and become an expert in the MPS application portfolio. You'll work within a variety of project delivery methodologies including Agile and Waterfall.
- To develop system modifications that meet specific business needs arising from both new and changes to existing business processes
- To work with all parties across IT Operations and 3rd parties to assist the delivery of IT applications against a range of delivery models, including internally and externally developed solutions
- To engage with web developers both internal to the team and external to MPS to ensure that design principles and standards are being followed
- To act as the primary information source in their subject area to relay any challenges, opportunities or issues to the Software Development Manager
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the MPS application portfolio, development tools, and development procedures
- Ensure software releases are visible and work with teams to progress through environments.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and technologies.
- Understand, design and document system interfaces where required
- Ensure that all developments are created with end user performance in mind and that secure development protocols are followed
- Resolve application issues across all environments during all development phases
- Review and analyse the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
- Produce and execute unit test plans
- Custom application development using .NET Core, .NET Framework, ASP.NET, WCF web services and other Microsoft compatible technologies and other open source frameworks
- Perform code reviews during pull requests
- Contribute to Azure DevOps CI/CD pipelines
The Ideal Candidate
Along with your technical skills you'll bring with you your solutions led approach to problem solving, clear communicating style and ability to manage complex situations.
This role will interface with various project team members and other key business users throughout project lifecycles, therefore a team player who can deliver on key priorities and communicate on progress is essential.
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 15%
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
Medical Protection Society