Virtual Event Co-ordinator and Technician
Our Risk Prevention department are looking to appoint a Virtual Event Co-ordinator & Technician on a 8 month fixed term contract.
The position will support the organisation and hosting of MPS’s virtual events, globally offered to both individual members and groups, as well as commercial clients with a focus on managing the planning, implementation and production of large-scale virtual events.
You will build capability in the organisation, execution and rollout of virtual delivery training to key members within the organisation.
- Build capability within MPS colleagues through the training and ongoing support to deliver virtual events using required hosting platforms including:
- facilities and technical pre event checks with presenters, and third parties/clients where applicable
- live event hosting
- technical troubleshooting throughout events including platform issues, presenter and participant issues
- Coordinate virtual event planning, logistics and hosting of educational activities.
- Provide technical delivery support for live virtual events. Delivery at live global virtual events is often required after standard business hours with potential for 2-3 week nights on average with 2-3 hours duration per event. (Delivery may be undertaken from home.)
- Collaborate with event commissioner and/or project manager to project lead the Operations and Delivery team on large scale, complex and one-off virtual events
Please see role profile for a full list of responsibilities
The Ideal Candidate
At MPS we understand that diversity is an important part of a truly inclusive community, and it’s something we're committed to as an organisation. The MPS Recruitment Team (Laura, Julia and Sarah) welcome applications from candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds. Important to MPS is that our people live our values of Member First, Ambitious, Determined and Empowered. We accept that not all applicants are able to meet all requirements of the role and therefore we consider applications based on merit and experience. We are open to discuss your application and to assist you through the process. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are willing to consider flexible working options. If you have any questions about any advertised role and how we can support you, please contact the Recruitment Team.
Due to the current COVID pandemic most of our colleagues are working remotely, this role is attached to our Leeds office and there may be a requirement to return to this office in the future. We do require a level of flexibility on this and will discuss this with shortlisted candidates.
Due to the urgency of this role we may commence shortlisting or interviewing prior to the advertised closing date so please don’t hesitate in applying if you are interested in this role.
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 15%
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society