Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
The Underwriting team will be responsible for influencing and implementing all aspects of underwriting policy and decision making for all members. This will involve translating risk appetite, as defined by Council, into underwriting strategy. There will be a need to manage current and future risks through a process of pricing, education and risk management.
The team will need to deliver excellent service to members and other stakeholders by resolving queries as quickly as possible and improving the membership risk profile to ensure a fair use of the member fund. This will support the MPS objective of being the most respected, influential and authoritative player in the market
- To adhere to underwriting strategy, policies, appropriate delegated authority and operational procedures.
- When requested, to provide data in support of KPI’s and SLA’s for the Underwriting function in a timely and accurate manner.
- To apply and evidence definitive underwriting decisions on Referrals and Tasks from all areas of MPS business that fall within authority.
- To provide reasoned underwriting rationale and to refer for appropriate sign off of underwriting decisions outside of Underwriting Technician level of authority for all areas of MPS business.
- To analyse member profiles and identify high risk members using appropriate tools / techniques, providing rationale for appropriate further action to be discussed with Risk Managers.
- To conduct a detailed analysis of member profiles and case histories for those who have been identified as potential high risk to MPS.
- To communicate with members who challenge applied underwriting decisions, escalating where appropriate
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 10% (for permanent roles)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2019 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society