Test Automation Engineer
We're looking for a talented Test Automation Engineer (TAE) to join our Applications Delivery team to develop and execute comprehensive suites of automation test plans and test cases.
The TAE will be involved in the development and maintenance of tools that build, deploy, automate and streamline code management and product delivery process across multiple application environments.
Overall your responsibility is to work alongside colleagues at all levels to guide and deliver Test Automation Frameworks that support the Applications Delivery team.
Specific duties include:
- Creating, maintaining, and executing test plans and test cases against our hardware and software platforms
- Estimating test efforts, analysing and communicating test results, defect tracking and participating in day to day Test Team activities
- Working with the manual testers to ensure efficient and effective coverage of testing
- Support the non-automation testers by providing ‘test utilities’ as requested by them
- You will also add to our company’s performance testing capabilities
The Ideal Candidate
You will bring experience of producing Test Automation Scripts using the Tricentis Test Tool TOSCA, if you don't hold a Tricentis awarded certificate then a TOSCA test will be provided as part of the interview process.
You'll be skilled in writing complex SQL to interrogate and update databases, we'd like to understand the depth of your SQL knowledge so there'll be a few technical questions relating to this as part of the interview.
You'll be comfortable translating technical specifications into structured automated tests for applications under development. At MPS we are a C# code base, so you'll be familiar with this programming language.
You're someone who's able to engage with and work alongside key representatives from the business, supporting the facilitation of workshops and any outputs, such as documentation.
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 15%
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society