TALENT POOL - Costs Lawyers
In 2016 we built an in-house costs team which has embedded well into the MPS legal departments. Due to the success of the team we will be recruiting for more experienced costs professionals to work in our Leeds office. If you would like to register your details to be considered when a vacancy arises then please submit an application.
- Preparation of Bills of Cost including Precedent Q, Points of Dispute and Points of Reply for fast track and multi track claims
- Advise on and make appropriate offers to settle costs
- Negotiate settlement of costs
- Utilise appropriate costs software
- Liaise with claims team to ensure full information is obtained in order to deal with costs effectively
- Manage Part 7 and Part 8 proceedings
- Drafting form H
- Providing advice to internal Litigation Solicitors on areas to dispute in Claimant Form H
- Attending CCMC where appropriate to deal with costs budgeting
- In conjunction with the team, investigate and analyse facts, law and quantum early, conduct communication with patient’s representatives; devise and implement effective strategies to move claims for costs to resolution.
- Resolve each case in a way that serves the member’s interests
- Review of external legal service and other providers bills of cost as required to ensure MPS receives value for money, and costs are charged appropriately
- Liaise and negotiate with the other side in relation to potential costs budgets
- Attendance at detailed assessment hearings as required.
The Ideal Candidate
We are interested in speaking to candidates with extensive costs experience. Defendant experience is ideal but we will consider claimant, clinical negligence experience is an advantage but we will consider high value/catastrophic PI.
Minimum 12% Pension
PMI & Healthcare cashplan
Medical Protection Society