Senior Pricing Analyst
We have a great opportunity for a senior pricing analyst to join us in our Product & Pricing department.
The Senior Pricing Analyst will be a technical analyst responsible for pricing, including annual updates (or more often as appropriate). The role will primarily focus on technical pricing, including segmental “pool” analysis / burn cost analysis however will work across both technical and retail pricing.
- Extracting data on membership and claims as necessary from MPS systems as necessary to deliver pricing recommendations.
- Maintain and develop pricing tools and ensure Pricing Methodology and Procedures document is continually reviewed and updated.
- Working with the underwriting teams to produce pricing models that take into account changes in member risk
- Collaborating with finance teams to understand costs to serve members including central administration costs
- Working with actuarial reserving teams to understand how reserving work could be re-used in pricing to efficiently deliver likely member costs in pricing analyses
- Working with data science team to identify rating factors
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for an individual who can demonstrate some or all of the following skills and competencies:
- A numerical degree, or the ability to demonstrate high numerical ability
Associate level actuarial and/or CII exam experience or equivalent on the job learning
Knowledge of general insurance pricing techniques
Knowledge and experience of SQL, excel, 'R' and generalised linear models.
Good coaching, presentation and relationship building skills.
At MPS we understand that diversity is an important part of a truly inclusive community, and it’s something we're committed to as an organisation. The MPS Recruitment Team (Laura, Julia and Sarah) welcome applications from candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds. Important to MPS is that our people live our values of Member First, Ambitious, Determined and Empowered. We accept that not all applicants are able to meet all requirements of the role and therefore we consider applications based on merit and experience. We are open to discuss your application and to assist you through the process. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are willing to consider flexible working options. If you have any questions about any advertised role and how we can support you, please contact the Recruitment Team.
Due to the current COVID pandemic most of our colleagues are working remotely, this role is attached to our (LOCATION) office and there may be a requirement to return to this office in the future. We do require a level of flexibility on this and will discuss this with shortlisted candidates.
Due to the urgency of this role we may commence shortlisting or interviewing prior to the advertised closing date so please don’t hesitate in applying if you are interested in this role.
- Minimum 15% pension
- Private medical insurance
- Health care cash plan
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Discretionary annual bonus
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society