Senior Pricing Analyst
The Senior Pricing Analyst will be a technical analyst responsible for pricing, including annual updates (or more often as appropriate). They will likely focus on technical pricing (including segmental “pool” analysis/burn cost analysis) OR retail pricing, but may work across both areas.
The main responsibilities for this role are:
- Extracting data on membership and claims as necessary from MPS systems as necessary to deliver pricing
- Developing pricing tools to better deliver views of member costs and pricing strength currently achieved
- Working with the underwriting teams to produce pricing models that take into account changes in member risk
- Collaborating with finance teams to understand costs to serve members including central administration costs
- Working with actuarial reserving teams to understand how reserving work could be re-used in pricing to efficiently deliver likely member costs in pricing analyses
- Working with data science team to identify rating factors
- Working in projects such as Fusion and/or Insurance Capability to deliver pricing support
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of general insurance pricing techniques
- Experience or providing pricing reviews for lines of GI or indemnity business
- Assoc level actuarial and/or CII experience or equivalent on the job learning
- Car allowance
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society