Senior Medical Educator
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
As a Senior Medical Educator you will provide expert content and international healthcare context expertise to our Risk & Prevention department in order to support the development of education courses and training delivery. A key focus within the role is to deliver courses to our individual members across the UK and on an international basis.
The role will be based at office in Leeds city centre, flexibility is required around travel within the UK we expect this to be up to 2 days per week. There will also be a requirement for international travel.
- Delivery of face to face / digital and training of faculty
- Train employees and contract faculty educators to deliver the individual programme globally, ensuring they perform to the department’s quality assurance standards
- Identify issues and topics to be the subject of development of courses and services to individual healthcare professionals
- Support development of Risk Prevention offerings to individual members, providing content expertise and healthcare context input to the department
- Support MPS’s business development, communications and marketing activities to individual members, by providing content expertise to relevant departments, and creating content for and external publications and promotions
- Where required, act as an ambassador alongside the Medical and Dental Directors engaging with key stakeholders, healthcare organisations and members via meetings, conferences, events, face to face, webinars, media and public relations activities
- Support MPS’s business development, communications and marketing activities to individual members, by providing content expertise to relevant departments, and creating content for internal and external promotions
- Undertake other duties and tasks that from time to time may be allocated to the role holder that are appropriate to the level or role.
The Ideal Candidate
- Medicine, dentistry or allied health
- Development of education content
- Evaluation and research
- Business case creation and reporting
- Presentation at a conference and commercial education delivery standard
- Training professionals in content and presentation skills
- Professional publication writing
- Clinical healthcare delivery, ideally in a hospital setting
- Development and delivery of education presenting
- Master training of presenters
- Car allowance of £4,670
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 15% (for permanent roles)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 30 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society