Senior End User Computing Engineer
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a good blend of technical knowledge and policy/process development ability.
The purpose of the End User Computing (EUC) Senior Engineer role is to lead on the development and delivery of the EUC strategy. This will be achieved through the design, maintenance and day to day management of EUC platforms, including delivering new technologies and working approaches across the MPS Group to ensure we can provide a high quality, trusted, service to our members.
This role has a wide reaching variety of responsibilities, not limited to:
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the Digital and Change divisional strategy and the Service Delivery departmental strategy to plan, cost and quality
- Lead on the management and control of the EUC estate developing and maintaining the related policies, processes and changes.
- Seek opportunities to continuously improve ways of working (services, processes, tooling) and contribute to team, department and divisional continuous improvement projects aimed to drive operational efficiency, deliver on KPIs, SLA’s, financial targets and great member experience and outcome.
- Provide effective governance of EUC delivery ensuring compliance procedures remain fit for purpose and effective risk and issue management to ensure that risks to delivery and benefit realisation are understood and mitigated or accepted.
Full responsibilities can be found on the role profile.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate some or most of the following:
- Qualified to foundation level in ITIL v3, 2011 or ITIL 4.
- Microsoft 365 fundamentals certification or equivalent
- Significant expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10 and the Office 365 product suite
- Experience of mobile device management (android/iOS)
- Significant Experience of troubleshooting technical issues with Windows OS, office and hardware
- Experience of deploying and managing Office 365 services within an organisation
- Experience of using Microsoft SCCM
- Experience of using Microsoft InTune and Autopilot
- Experience of VDI solutions and platforms
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society