Senior Business Analyst
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Business Analyst to join our Change team!
As our Senior Business Analyst, you will use your analytical mind to investigate business problems and opportunities to specify required changes to business processes, people skills, systems and organisational structure. Taking a holistic view, you will select, apply and monitor the use of modelling and analysis techniques, methods and standards in an informed and proficient manner.
Working alongside and closely with other senior business and IT stakeholders, our Senior Business Analyst’s ensure stakeholder perspectives are understood to achieve consensus and recommended solutions aligned.
This role sits under MPS’ ‘Hybrid Persona’ meaning a blend of home and office-based working, to suit you and the needs of the business. Although travel to the office will be expected, what is important to us is delivery and outcomes. Expectations will be set individually between you and your line manager.
We know flexibility is important to people and at MPS we want you to have the best work-life balance possible. We therefore welcome applications from all candidates, including those who may benefit from flexible working.
- Working effectively with senior business and IT stakeholders, conducting investigations at a strategic level and assuring the feasibility of proposed solutions.
- Advising senior stakeholders on business change priorities within the context of the organisational strategy and objectives
- Leading on the creation of the business analysis plan. Using your skills to plan, arrange and facilitate meetings and workshops with stakeholders throughout the business change and software development lifecycles, taking responsibility for the management of business analysis work and allocation of this work within the project
- Supporting business case development through the identification and definition of business and technical options that will address the business objectives and requirements, and the analysis of the costs, benefits, risks and impacts for each option
- Utilise business knowledge and experience to assess and advise on the feasibility and relevance of proposed options for business and technical change
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of and a passion for managing and delivering change
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills that can motivate and engage
- Experience of coaching and mentoring other business analysts to increase and maintain standards of delivery and output
- The ability to apply strategic and analytical thinking
- Effective collaboration and facilitation skills
- The ability to work across all levels of the organisation
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we encourage you to apply even if you feel you do not match 100% of the technical requirements. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and strive to create a work environment which ensures everyone can be heard.
What’s important to MPS is that our people live our values of Member First, Ambitious, Determined and Empowered.
Alongside a competitive salary as stated above, you will also receive:
- Up to 15% discretionary annual bonus
- Generous matched pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus flexible bank holidays (option to buy/sell additional 5 days)
- Private Medical Cover
- Healthcare cash plan
- 6x salary death in service
- A personal GP service enabling you to get a video consultation with a NHS-registered private GP
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of shopping discounts from major high-street retailers
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society