Senior Actuarial Analyst (Capital)
We're looking for a Senior Actuarial Analyst (Capital) to join us on a permanent basis.
This role sits within our Commercial Services division and reports into our knowledgeable and supportive Head of Actuarial, working alongside a talented team of 7 other Actuaries.
This role will be based out of our London office in The Shard (glorious views!) and will be a good balance of home and office based work, once we return.
- Support the delivery of the annual capital assessment for MPS discretionary business which includes:
- Delivering a Capital Report explaining results, key movements and key assumptions
- Performing model validation and delivering a validation report to relevant committees
- Communication of results, key assumptions and uncertainties to relevant committees
- Compliance with all appropriate governance (particularly the Capital Modelling Policy and Technical Actuarial Standards)
- Identify and implement model changes as required in line with the Capital Modelling Policy
- Assist with the capital modelling element of MPS projects as identified by the Head of Actuarial
- Support capital modelling work for SPA 1892
- Maintain model documentation and write new documentation as required
- Stay abreast of best practice to ensure that all actuarial work is of the highest standard and improve the use and understanding of actuarial analysis within MPS.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have advanced knowledge of capital modelling with strong analytical, project management and problem solving skills.
- Building and running capital models for a non-life insurer
- Model Validation
- Parameterising capital models
- Use of capital modelling software (ReMetrica ideal)
- Actuarial report writing
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from you)
- Annual performance related bonus of up to 15%
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays + option to buy and sell up to 5 days
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society