Senior Actuarial Analyst (Capital)
To continue delivering a high level of service to the business, and to achieve our ambitious goals, the Actuarial Services department is growing, and we are looking for an analytical individual to join us in the Capital team as a Senior Actuarial Analyst.
At MPS, we are committed to helping you achieve both your professional and academic goals, so you will receive full study support (as described in the benefits package) and be a part of a supportive, experienced team who are on hand to share their knowledge and experience with you along the way.
Capital Senior Actuarial Analyst – up to £80,000
In this role you will support the delivery of the annual capital assessment and contribute to the maintenance and ongoing development of the capital model. MPS is currently on a journey of developing its capital model, so in these roles there will be plenty of scope to get involved in parameterisation and model validation.
- Work with actuarial colleagues to deliver the annual capital model update and to continually improve the capital model including parameterisation and validation.
- Ensure that the quality of data used in the actuarial processes is of the highest standard and reconciles to source data from the data warehouse.
- Stay abreast of best practice to ensure that all actuarial work is of the highest standard and improve the use and understanding of actuarial analysis within MPS.
- Identify and implement model changes as required in line with the Capital Modelling Policy.
- Assist with the capital modelling element of MPS projects as identified by the Head of Actuarial.
- Training and managing the workload of junior members of the team
- Build relationships with internal stakeholders to provide confidence in MPS’ capital modelling capabilities.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking to build a dynamic team of analytically minded individuals. You are an expert excel user with high attention to detail and a keenness for problem solving. You will have excellent project management and communication skills including the ability to explain complex concepts clearly both verbally and in writing to senior stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have advanced knowledge of capital modelling, and either be a partly or newly qualified actuary. Knowledge of clinical negligence would be advantageous.
You will have experience working within a general insurance environment and have experience of parameterising and validating capital models. You will be familiar with capital modelling software, particularly ReMetrica.
As a senior member of the team, you will have the ability to formally coach and train junior colleagues and be confident in reviewing and challenging other’s work.
Diversity & Inclusion
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we encourage you to apply even if you feel you do not match 100% of the technical requirements. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and strive to create a work environment which ensures everyone can be heard.
What’s important to MPS is that our people live our values of Member First, Ambitious, Determined and Empowered.
If you have any questions about any advertised role and how we can support you, please contact our Recruitment Team.
- Generous pension contributions; minimum 15% (3% from you) to maximum 21% (6% from you).
- Discretionary annual bonus up to 15%
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays
- 6x salary death in service
- A personal GP service enabling you to get a video consultation with an NHS-registered private GP
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of shopping discounts
MPS’s Actuarial Development Scheme provides a study package for the UK actuarial exams which includes up to 40 days leave per annum and reimbursement for exams, tutorials and study materials. These benefits are subject to meeting the exam progression and work performance requirements of the scheme. MPS are also committed to supporting it’s actuaries with their continuing professional development.
We know flexibility is important to people and at MPS we want you to have the best work-life balance possible. We therefore welcome applications from all candidates, including those who may benefit from flexible working – e.g. part time, job sharing, compressed or flexible hours.
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. In 2021 we were delighted to have been awarded with the People Insight ‘Outstanding Workplace 2021 - Award’. This award recognises our investment in employee engagement and the positive culture we are creating.
Medical Protection Society