Segment and Regional Planning Lead
We are looking to recruit a Segment & Regional Planning Lead to define, develop, coordinate and monitor delivery of a single commercial plan for MPS across UK & International segments. To formulate, develop and drive the acquisition, engagement and retention of members (both individual, group and corporate) across MPS in order to maximise market share and deliver targeted written income and member numbers worldwide.
This is a fixed term 12 month contract
- To ensure MPS understands the specific activity and requirements of the allocated region & segment, making clear choices around what constitutes attractive and addressable opportunity within it, prioritising and agreeing plans in partnership with the MPS executive teams and divisions.
- Working with the Head of S&RP to determine market & commercial priorities in line with Corporate Objectives
- Lead the creation of acquisition, engagement retention plans for respective regions/segments
- With input from local Business Development (and other) colleagues lead the building of processes that deliver a comprehensive understanding of the competitor environment in each market/segment that informs strategy and planning
Please see role profile for the full list of responsibilities
The Ideal Candidate
- An in-depth knowledge of managing, developing and implementing member/customer strategic plans
- Demonstrable project management skills and techniques
- Strategic planning, marketing and/or business development planning experience within organisations of £50m+ revenue
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and focus areas
At MPS we understand that diversity is an important part of a truly inclusive community, and it’s something we're committed to as an organisation. The MPS Recruitment Team (Laura, Julia and Sarah) welcome applications from candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds. Important to MPS is that our people live our values of Member First, Ambitious, Determined and Empowered. We accept that not all applicants are able to meet all requirements of the role and therefore we consider applications based on merit and experience. We are open to discuss your application and to assist you through the process. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are willing to consider flexible working options. If you have any questions about any advertised role and how we can support you, please contact the Recruitment Team.
Due to the ongoing situation around Covid-19 most of our colleagues are working remotely, this role is attached to our Leeds office and will adapt a hybrid working approach in the future.
Due to the urgency of this role we may commence shortlisting or interviewing prior to the advertised closing date so please don’t hesitate in applying if you are interested in this role.
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 15%
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society