Segment and Regional Planning Lead
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
The purpose of the role is to define, develop and coordinate a single commercial plan for MPS across the relevant region/segment which leads, formulates, develops and drives the acquisition, engagement and retention of members across MPS in order to maximise market share and deliver targeted written income and member numbers worldwide
- Working with the Head of Strategic Planning to determine medical market & commercial priorities, to manage resource commitments on the delivery of plans across the business.
- Ensure MPS understands the specific activity and requirements of the relevant region/segment, making clear choices around what constitutes attractive and addressable opportunity within it, prioritising and agreeing plans in partnership with the MPS executive teams and divisions.
- Develop, gain sign-off for and then manage delivery of market & segment acquisition, engagement and retention targets through the ownership of strategic commercial plans (segment, country, engagement and activity) for each market segment
- Input into the group wide planning cycle and the 3 year planning cycle
- Working with the commercial services division to ensure MPS has tailored segment propositions that meet our member needs (portfolio of product, services, price) informed by insight and articulated through compelling value propositions.
- Working closely with the brand and marketing functions to ensure that the plans are executed and performance is monitored against corporate objectives.
- Input into the setting and delivery of departmental targets ensuring an efficient and effective operating model which minimises cost and maximises contribution to financial sustainability without compromising the member experience.
- Support the Member Experience function in developing the member and brand experience improving satisfaction and engagement for markets & segment across the lifecycle and key touch points for communication.
- Bring together market analysis, future market projections, an understanding of member behaviors, needs and wants to draw conclusions and develop plans based on data and information drawn from across the Business and our wider markets.
The Ideal Candidate
- Strategic planning and marketing experience within organisations of £50m+ revenue
- Experience of B2C & B2B markets within UK financial services markets
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and focus areas
- An in-depth knowledge of managing, developing and implementing member/customer strategic plans
- Familiar with determining actionable insight and turning this into effective plans & propositions
- Experience in working cross functionally within a matrix management framework demonstrating strong strategic influencing skills with multiple internal stakeholders
- Demonstrable project management skills and techniques
Ability to effectively manage information and respond to questions from peers and senior colleagues
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 15% (for permanent roles)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society