Resource Planning Team Lead
The purpose of the Resource Planning Team Lead role is to lead a team of planners and analysts to achieve excellence in short term forecasting, resource planning, scheduling and real time adherence.
The role will also be responsible for maintaining agent schedules, managing shrinkage, achieving service level goals, real-time monitoring and tracking, and intra-day performance.
- Review forecasts and staff plans with line manager, capacity planner, training and other stakeholders and consult them in planning appropriate time for all offline activity.
- Work with operational management to identify resource gaps and proactively manage actions to close them
- Escalate any business protocols that adversely impact resource and performance
- Work with operational management, capacity planning and recruitment to build plan for hiring/attrition trends
- Maximise WFM capability, reducing manual intervention, driving new ways of working, scheduling activity and shifts, maximising reporting functionality and driving benefits to respective business areas.
The Ideal Candidate
- End to end knowledge of the Resource Planning Cycle
- Knowledge of workforce management systems and their purpose
- Understanding of Telephony, routing, skilling systems and methodologies
- Experience in staff planning, scheduling and real-time workforce management, preferably in a contact centre environment
- Experience of leading a team – motivating, developing and performance managing.
At MPS we understand that diversity is an important part of a truly inclusive community, and it’s something we're committed to as an organisation. The MPS Recruitment Team (Laura or Julia) welcome applications from candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds. Important to MPS is that our people live our values of Member First, Ambitious, Determined and Empowered. We accept that not all applicants are able to meet all requirements of the role and therefore we consider applications based on merit and experience. We are open to discuss your application and to assist you through the process. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are willing to consider flexible working options. If you have any questions about any advertised role and how we can support you, please contact the Recruitment Team.
Due to the ongoing situation around Covid-19 most of our colleagues are working remotely, this role is attached to our Leeds office and will adapt a hybrid working approach in the future.
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 15%
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society