We are excited to be on the search for a self-motivated and member focused Research Manager, to join The MPS Foundation’s new and growing team.
Introduction to The MPS Foundation
The MPS Foundation, which launched on the 1st of March 2022 is a global, not-for-profit research initiative that aims to help shape the future of patient safety through the funding of ambitious research across the healthcare sector, including the dental and private healthcare sectors. Using this research to develop an international knowledge base that can be applied locally, The MPS Foundation aims to help improve patient safety and care, enhance the wellbeing of healthcare professionals and teams and reduce clinical risk.
You can find out more about The MPS Foundation here.
As the Research Manager, you will support The MPS Foundation in the delivery of its programme of activities, including Grants, Research Competitions and Commissioned Research.
This will involve identifying potential annual grant priorities and themes to monitoring successful Grant applicants. You will also disseminate research findings for the benefit of Members and Clients.
- Undertaking due diligence of proposals based on critical assessment of projects, including reviewing the rationale, and supported by senior members of the team, analysis of value for money.
- Negotiating funding agreements for projects recommended for funding, including the negotiation of milestones, financial arrangements and reporting requirements to enable successful project progression.
- Managing a portfolio of funded projects, including monitoring of scientific and financial performance.
- Representing the Foundation’s perspective at project meetings to facilitate successful project development and promoting and representing funding programmes at external meetings.
- Pro-actively contribute to and participate in the continuous improvement of the Foundation’s Programmes and Activities.
- Source, review and disseminate published and unpublished research that align with MPS and the MPS Foundation’s priorities.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have previously worked in a research environment and be experienced in research grant management. With thorough knowledge and understanding of work practices, processes and procedures relevant to research you will bring best practice to MPS and add immediate value to a new Foundation.
Self-motivated, you work well under your own initiative, and with excellent planning and organisational skills, you are adept at prioritising and managing multiple tasks while working to targets and deadlines.
As The MPS Foundation spans the globe, you are committed to building effective relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders while also having an interest in understanding how you can add value in different countries, with different priorities and challenges.
You have solid analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to critically analyse complex scientific, technical and/or clinical subjects.
Diversity & Inclusion
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we encourage you to apply even if you feel you do not match 100% of the technical requirements. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and strive to create a work environment which ensures everyone can be heard.
What’s important to MPS is that our people live our values of Member First, Ambitious, Determined and Empowered.
If you have any questions about any advertised role and how we can support you, please contact our Recruitment Team.
- Generous pension contributions; minimum 15% (3% from you) to maximum 21% (6% from you).
- Discretionary annual bonus up to 15%
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays
- Option to buy and sell holidays
- 6x salary death in service
- A personal GP service enabling you to get a video consultation with an NHS-registered private GP
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of shopping discounts
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society