Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
The purpose of this role is to provide comprehensive financial support for the insurance related activities undertaken by the Group including, at this stage, completion of monthly balance sheet reconciliations and preparation of statutory returns in order to ensure the business remains legally compliant as well as being able to effectively support strategic decision making.
- Working with Accounting & Financial Reporting Manager, Group Financial Controller, Head of Insurance Operations and other stakeholders to deliver the annual financial statements.
- Review of one-off accounting events to ensure appropriate treatment/recognition.
- Hands on support to the other business functions to ensure correct allocation of cost appropriate treatment of transactions.
- Connecting with the wider Finance Division to ensure that reporting requirements and deadlines, both internally and externally, are met.
- Develop and document new processes related to expanding activities within the regulated environment.
- Liaising with regulated third parties to ensure adherence with minimum standards and improvement of best practice across the Group.
- Working with the Financial Planning and Analysis Manager to prepare and review monthly management reports and providing challenge on outputs compared to known events and historical trends.
The Ideal Candidate
This is a great opportunity to join a growing and different business that can provide ample coaching, support and breadth in a role in a high performing finance function that will support your personal growth and progress into a finance manager or business partner role as the organisation grows and your experience increases.
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 10% (for permanent roles)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2019 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society