Our expert Recruitment Advisers are primarily responsible for all recruitment activities across our UK & International offices. Reporting to the Head of Talent, Leadership & Culture you will be responsible for the full life-cycle of recruitment, building a strong employer brand and ensuring MPS provides a positive candidate experience, whilst managing the placement of high calibre applicants.
The role will be home based during the COVID-19 outbreak and will then move to hybrid working approach with some days being spent in our Leeds City Centre office.
- Management and overseeing of the end to end recruitment process for UK & International roles
- Providing advice and recommendations around the most appropriate recruitment strategies and use of assessment and selection tools
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders in order to deliver a robust recruitment service
- Representation of the People & Culture team at interviews where appropriate
- Undertaking initial short listing of candidates and establishing strong relationships
- Working in collaboration with the wider People & Culture team on recruitment related projects including employer branding, D&I, onboarding and talent development
The Ideal Candidate
- Extensive recruitment experience gained either in-house or agency
- An understanding of legislation and best practice appropriate to delivering an effective recruitment service
- Proactive candidate sourcing and campaign planning skills
- Work with and make recommendations to hiring managers to enable them to make sound recruitment decisions - not afraid to challenge and advise
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to influence and negotiate
- Resilient, organised and with a continuous improvement mindset
At MPS we understand that diversity is an important part of a truly inclusive community, and it’s something we're committed to as an organisation. The MPS Recruitment Team welcome applications from candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds. Important to MPS is that our people live our values of Member First, Ambitious, Determined and Empowered. We accept that not all applicants are able to meet all requirements of the role and therefore we consider applications based on merit and experience. We are open to discuss your application and to assist you through the process. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are willing to consider flexible working options. If you have any questions about any advertised role and how we can support you, please contact the Recruitment Team.
Due to the urgency of this role we may commence shortlisting or interviewing prior to the advertised closing date so please don’t hesitate in applying if you are interested in this role.
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 10%
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society