Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
The purpose of this role is to provide comprehensive and efficient support to the Finance division focussing on the reconciliation activities related to our 65+ bank accounts and the various balance sheet reconciliations across the international Group.
- Investigating reconciling items and driving resolution with stakeholders across the business.
- Taking a leading role to further streamline and enhance existing processes.
- Developing and documenting detailed procedures related to specific reconciliation activities.
- Working with the Assistant Accountants, Accounting & Financial Reporting Manager, Group Financial Controller and other stakeholders to deliver the annual financial statements for all Group entities.
- Hands-on support to the other business functions to ensure appropriate treatment of transactions
- Connecting with the wider Finance division to ensure that reporting requirements and deadlines, both internally and externally, are met.
- Manage all financial accounting transactions and tasks requested by the Finance division in accordance with policy and ensure those which incur costs comply with all financial controls.
- Support the production of metrics from organisational data sources to inform business decisions and actions which results in a measurable improvement in business performance and trends.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be AAT qualified or have started their ACCA/ CIMA studies following the completion of AAT or gaining exemptions via an Accounting and Finance degree.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing and different business that can provide ample coaching, support and breadth in a role in a high performing finance function that will support your studies and personal growth.
We are seeking a candidate who is:
- Innovative, flexible self-starter with excellent proven analytical skills
- Highly numerate
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong inter-personal skills
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 10% (for permanent roles)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2019 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society