Project / Programme Accountant
MPS are seeking an Interim Project Accountant who has a strong accounting background (CIMA, ACA or ACCA), with a proven track record of completing Interim Assignments and is comfortable operating autonomously to deliver clear Financial Information in a project scenario.
- Set up of a robust benefit tracking methodology and governance model for a large and complex programme.
- Programme financial benefit accounting and reporting for actuals and forecasts
- Production of ad-hoc analytical support on a full range of financial issues.
- Production of workstream reports for review with workstream leads & challenging the workstreams as their finance business partner.
- Attend Programme meetings as the finance representative, providing challenge where required.
- Providing the programme manager, directors and senior management with accurate and timely information and analysis.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of Programme Benefit forecasting and tracking
- Excellent IT skills including strong proficiency in MS Excel (Pivot tables, V-lookups, SUM IFS etc).
- Able to understand data in different formats
- Able to analyse and present financial information coherently
- Previous experience of working in a complex business environment
- Business partnering experience
- Ability to work both under own initiative and also within a team based environment
- Ability to work under pressure, work to tight deadlines with no detriment to the high quality standards expected
- Requires little direction, highly motivated, demonstrates initiative and is proactive in their approach to the business
- Analytical approach ensuring confident decisions are made in line with finance legislation
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society