MPS are undertaking a series of business wide change programmes and are seeing a project manager with a proven background in delivering change across a fast pace, complex and diverse stakeholder group.
You will support the People and Culture team along with IT, Operations and the wider business with a key focus on Governance and Organisational Design to adhere to an agile methodology.
There will be a wide portfolio of initiatives running concurrently within the change portfolio that may include technology and/or business changes. The role holder will be expected to manage multiple concurrent projects in a matrix environment.
- Responsible for independently managing the end to end delivery of medium sized projects (6-18m) within the MPS change portfolio using the MPS project delivery methodology
- Builds productive relationships across the organisation, identifying and developing engagement opportunities with key stakeholders
- Uses leadership, organisation, problem-solving, motivational skills and experience to ensure that projects are delivered on time, and that they meet expectations
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress and ensure internal resource and/or third parties/vendors resource demand can be fulfilled
- Manage changes to the project scope, schedule and budget using appropriate tools and techniques
- Accurate and transparent status reporting with timely escalation when appropriate
- Perform risk and issue management to minimise project risks and impact of issues
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation as per the appropriate methodology
The Ideal Candidate
- Educated to degree standard and/or hold relevant professional qualifications or relevant experience
- PRINCE2 Qualification preferred
- AGILE Qualification preferred
Specific Experience Required:
- Experience in at least one Agile Methodology (preferably Scrum)
- Previous experience working as a project manager
- Familiarity with structured programme and project management approaches (preferably PRINCE2)
- Strong track record of successful full-lifecycle project delivery
- Extensive experience of building relationships across different organisational functions
- Experience of delivering projects in a matrix type structure
- Experience of managing multi-disciplined teams
- Car allowance of £2335
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 15% (for permanent roles)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society