We're looking for an experienced Programme Manager to oversee the delivery and business adoption of a new system that will help transform our business and prepare us as leaders in our market to compete as a provider of insurance to our members.
The Programme Manager will work with the Programme Lead and key business stakeholders, including members of the Executive Committee, as well as the programme team of project managers, BAs and subject matter experts. They will help define the projects to implement a system solution within the programme’s multi-year plan and be responsible for managing the system supplier’s delivery in line with our agreed contract and support quality assurance and dependency management.
The role holder will:
- Work with programme and project sponsors to define and agree plans and gain support for business buy in and adoption of deliverables
- Build and maintaining strong relationships with senior stakeholders, including the Executive team, leaders within the business, external stakeholders and PMO
- Manage programme risk and issue effectively, to ensure that risks to delivery and benefit realisation are understood and mitigation plans are put in place or the risks are accepted
- Manage the dependencies the programme will have on appropriately controlled environments and release management processes
- Ensure that the programme’s outputs undergo appropriate quality review and assurance
- Keep abreast of the evolving legislation impacting our business and of best practice within programme and project delivery and leverage this knowledge to support the programme and the wider portfolio of change within the business
The Ideal Candidate
Experienced working on complex programmes in a regulated industry – preferably insurance or financial services. Experience of working with 3rd party vendors to implement systems change and managing testing and go-live activities.
Ideally you will also have the following experience:
- Significant experience in Programme Management and delivery in both agile and waterfall methodologies
- Have an MSP qualification, or equivalent, and have managed programmes with budgets in region of £10M
- Proven delivery success in FSA or PRA regulated businesses
- Specific experience of managing delivery by a 3rd party software partner alongside internal IT teams
- Management and development of people within a change function
- Problem solving in collaboration with business Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and partners
- Familiarity with healthcare would be advantageous
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 15%
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society