The purpose of this role is to lead the research for, design, build and implement a specific Programme, aligned to the MPS business strategy. The Programme will ensure our members have a greater appreciation of the value provided by MPS, thus helping to attract and retain members.
The Programme Manager role remit encompasses the end-to-end delivery of Programmes aligned to the MPS business strategy, and ensure project outputs are fully adopted to enable benefits realisation. This will be achieved by working with key business stakeholders including members the Executive Committee, to monitor strategic alignment throughout the programme lifecycle undertaking strategic reviews at appropriate intervals. The role holder will be responsible for defining the programme structure, budget, resource requirements, delivery phasing, transition planning and benefit tracking mechanisms.
- Working with Programme sponsors to define measures and gain business buy in for adoption of deliverables
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with the business, senior stakeholders including the Executive team and Council, and external stakeholders and PMO
- Demonstrating effective governance of programme risk and issue management, to ensure that risks to delivery and benefit realisation are understood and mitigated or accepted
- Providing and managing appropriately controlled environments and release management process to support change programmes
- Quality Management of the Delivery Approach (continual challenge or and improve organisation / process / estimation)
- Keeping abreast of evolving legislation and best practice; recommending opportunities for MPS to become more efficient and effective and compliant.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will already have experience working on complex programmes of change and liaising with Executive teams, and ideally have worked in roles which focus on designing, building and implementing programmes and projects. You'll also possess the following:
- Significant experience in Programme Management and delivery, using MSP in both agile and waterfall methodologies. You’ll have an MSP qualification, as well as Lean Six Sigma AGILE or Prince2
- Experience in Not-for-profit organisation or charitable or trust organisation is essential, and familiarity with healthcare systems or settings would be advantageous. A background in a mutual, financial services, insurance or a regulated environment would also stand you in good stead
- Specific experience of delivering and embedding research/analysis capability, able to establish third party partnerships/joint ventures
- You'll have significant experience in programme management, having managed programmes with budgets in between £100k – £10M
- Experience managing business change or digital delivery programmes, working in collaboration with 3rd party suppliers and internal IT teams
- Leadership and development of people and complex teams within a change management function, or business units within a matrix structure
- Problem solving in collaboration with business Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and partners
- Competitive salary
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual bonus scheme up to 15%
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society