The purpose of this role is to lead the end to end delivery of one or more programmes aligned to the MPS business strategy and ensure project outputs are fully adopted to enable benefits realisation. This will be achieved by working with key business stakeholders including members the Executive Committee to monitor strategic alignment throughout the programme lifecycle undertaking strategic reviews at appropriate intervals. The role holder will be responsible for defining the programme structure, budget, resource requirements, delivery phasing, transition planning and benefit tracking mechanisms
- To build and maintain strong relationships with the business, senior stakeholders (Exec and Council) and external stakeholders and PMO to ensure the delivery and governance of a programme or programmes of change to agreed scope, time, cost and quality
- Work with Programme sponsors to define measures and gain business buy in for adoption of deliverables to ensure programme benefits are defined, agreed and accepted and can be tracked.
- To demonstrate effective governance of programme risk and issue management to ensure that risks to delivery and benefit realisation are understood and mitigated or accepted
- To effectively champion and support change processes and tools to ensure best practice is adopted across the wider change team
- To provide and manage appropriately controlled environments and release management process to support change programmes
- Quality Management of the Delivery Approach (continual challenge or and improve organisation / process / estimation)
- Keep abreast of evolving legislation and best practice; recommend opportunities for MPS to become more efficient and effective and maintain complaint with relevant regulations.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven stakeholder management skills
- Lean Six Sigma qualification
- AGILE Qualification
- PRINCE2 Qualification
- Managed programmes with budgets between £100K – £10M
- Clear, effective and influential communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, with an ability to priorities key tasks and strong focus on delivering them
- High-energy work ethic, ability to establish vision, drives change and delivers results.
- Good team player with a collaborative approach to working
- A good understanding of full software development life cycle projects
- Proven experience of managing business change or digital delivery programmes working in collaboration with 3rd party suppliers and internal IT teams
- Significant experience in programme management
- Leadership and development of people within a change management function
- Leading and managing complex teams /or business units in a matrix structure
- Problem solving in collaboration with business Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and partner
- Car allowance of £2335
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 15% (for permanent roles)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society