Procurement and Business Services Lead
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
As a Member First organisation we are determined and ambitious in our approach to proactive procurement. We are therefore looking to attract a procurement professional who can embed world class supplier relationship management whilst ensuring an efficient and effective operating model which minimises cost and maximises financial sustainability without compromising member experience.
Reporting to the CFO and as a key member of the Finance Leadership team, the Procurement and Business Services Lead will drive a sustainable and adaptable procurement and facilities strategy across MPS that delivers compliance, continuous improvement and value for money both in the UK and internationally.
- Lead the Procurement and business services team to deliver on a programme of agreed strategic procurement projects across MPS Group aligned to business strategy, supporting the financial security of the membership fund whilst enabling sustainable growth.
- Set out category management objectives and develop contract management protocols and performance metrics across the Organisation.
- Aligned with agreed strategic procurement projects, develop new and maintain existing supplier relationships in order to deliver the best value for money for MPS alongside the identification of key supplier relationships and take a lead role in major negotiations.
- Work with managers across the organisation to ensure best procurement solutions are achieved and ensuring that procurement is conducted in compliance with all relevant UK and International legislation.
The Ideal Candidate
- Car allowance of £4670
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 15% (for permanent roles)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society