We have a great opportunity for three Pricing Analysts to join our product and pricing team within our commercial services division. The main purpose of this role is to provide pool-level, technical and retail pricing analysis. In the longer term there will be lots of opportunity to get involved with department-wide projects, and some really interesting work that will allow you to develop and progress within the organisation.
- Support the development and delivery of the Commercial Services strategy, with considerations for cost and quality
- Assist with subscription setting
- Presenting analytical findings to various stakeholders and committees
- Producing ad-hoc pricing for new business applications
- Working closely with the wider team, providing analytical support when and where needed.
Please see the role profile for full details.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for an individual who can demonstrate the following skills and competencies
- A numerical degree OR very strong data and mathematical skills and experience.
- Knowledge of GI pricing techniques
- SQL and Excel skills
- Confidence when presenting
It would be an advantage (but not essential) if you can demonstrate knowledge of clinical negligence indemnity and actuarial experience or qualifications.
Due to the current COVID pandemic most of our colleagues are working remotely, this role is attached to our Leeds office and there may be a requirement to return to this office in the future. We do require a level of flexibility on this and will discuss this with shortlisted candidates.
Due to the urgency of this role we may commence shortlisting or interviewing prior to the advertised closing date so please don’t hesitate in applying if you are interested in this role.
- Minimum 15% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society