Pricing Analyst (UK and Ireland)
Are you a pragmatic pricing whiz looking for an exciting opportunity to drive sustainable growth through sharp pricing analysis? Look no further! We are looking for a Pricing Analyst (UK & Ireland) to join the Product and Pricing team on a 12 month fixed term contract, where you will focus on delivering operational excellence, financial sustainability, and outstanding member experiences.
You will be an instrumental player driving best-in-class pricing decisions for the UK & Ireland portfolio, you'll set subscriptions for these members and work to identify pockets of over and under-performance, driving appropriate pricing analyses which will steer the development and delivery of the divisional strategy.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team and make a real impact on pricing decisions that will shape the future. Apply for this role today and unlock the full potential of your pricing analysis skills!
- Complete regular analysis in order to set subscriptions appropriately & accurately across MPS worldwide business and make sure that appropriate controls are incorporated into process. Ensure the final rates are set and go live is achieved.
- Present analytical findings to Pricing Committee for approval.
- Engage with internal stakeholders from all divisions to ensure that there is awareness of pricing recommendations and the reasons for these.
- Extracting data on membership and claims, as necessary, to complete analysis for subscription setting. Mine data and regularly monitor data for insights and trends to inform the business on claims experience, member numbers and lifetime value.
- Provide responses to individual member pricing queries.
- Ensure all pricing is completed in line with the MPS Pricing Methodology and Procedures document and MPS Pricing Policy.
- Liaise with and assist the wider underwriting and pricing teams with implementation of potential new factors / ways of pricing and growing and maintaining MPS’s data warehouse, the Types of Work emulator and making sure that data quality is of the highest standard
- Provide assistance with pricing changes in conjunction with Member Experience, Digital and Data, making sure changes proceed as planned, answering any queries relating to progress and attending change meetings.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for the Pricing Analyst (UK & Ireland) role will bring a broad range of skills and experiences to the table. You'll have keen analytical and problem-solving skills, allowing you to quickly identify patterns and areas of over and under-performance within complex portfolios. You'll also have a pragmatic business sense, including some knowledge of finance, accounting, and economics, which will enable you to make well-informed pricing decisions that align with broader business strategies.
In addition to your quantitative skills, you'll have solid presentation skills, allowing you to communicate complex pricing strategies to a variety of stakeholders. You'll be a pro at internal stakeholder management and relationship building, possessing the skills and finesse needed to make sure everyone is heard and understood.
To excel (pun intended) in this role, you'll need to be proficient in Microsoft Excel, able to manipulate numbers and data with ease. A strong mathematical or numerical background is essential, giving you the tools you need to succeed in this role.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we encourage you to apply even if you feel you do not match 100% of the technical requirements. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and strive to create a work environment which ensures everyone can be heard.
- Up to 10% discretionary annual bonus
- 11% pension contribution (3% from you, 8% from us – optional additional matched 3% contributions, e.g. 6% from you, 11% from us)
- 25 days annual leave plus flexible bank holidays (option to buy/sell additional 5 days)
- Private Medical Cover
- Healthcare cash plan
- 6x salary death in service
- Paid volunteering day
- A personal GP service enabling you to get a video consultation with a NHS-registered private GP
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of shopping discounts from major high-street retailers
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
Medical Protection Society