Portfolio Communications Consultant
Calling all Internal and Change Communications experts, we have an exciting opportunity within our Corporate Affairs team for a Portfolio Communications Consultant to join us.
You will help our colleagues through a significant time of change through developing and creating compelling content to engage and involve colleagues and ensure they understand how key elements of our transformation programmes will impact them.
You'll be joining an engaged, dynamic and friendly team who strive for excellence.
Within the role you will develop and deliver effective internal communications in support of agreed Portfolio, Programmes and Projects activities. You'll do this in a way that supports MPS's corporate objectives, increases colleague engagement and helps build MPS’s employee and member brand.
- Develop communications plans against key programme milestones to ensure that those colleagues affected by change, as well as the wider organisation have a clear understanding of our transformation agenda and what impact it will have – working hard to embed changes to the way we work while maintaining our core values and culture.
- Create engaging colleague communications relating to agreed activity within our Transformation Programmes, using the most appropriate channel mix and tailored messaging for each audience and co-ordinate where needed, internal and external communication to members by working closely with colleagues within the wider corporate affairs team and within our brand and marketing teams.
- Develop effective evaluation of the communications plans and activities in relation to our transformation programmes and report on the effectiveness of the communications – monitoring colleague sentiment about change as well as changes in behaviour and assessing the effectiveness of the communications channels and tactics used – adapting where necessary.
The Ideal Candidate
You're someone with a talent for interpreting and simplifying complex material into a simple and engaging format for a range of audiences. You'll be adept at using a range of virtual channels to manage face to face discussions to keep stakeholders involved and up to date, as well as providing regular updates and creative content ideas for our intranet. You’ll be the expert when it comes to the best way, when and how to communicate. Naturally, you'll have excellent copywriting ability.
As you will be working on multiple, often technical projects across the organisation, you'll end up being part of many teams and in turn, meeting many different subject matter experts. Therefore, you'll need to be familiar with matrix-style working and you’ll need great stakeholder management skills and the confidence to challenge where appropriate. Self-led and demonstrable experience in managing project communications is desirable.
As this is a fixed term contract for an 18-month period, we'd love to move quickly. Please get in touch if you'd like to know more or apply today!
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from you)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 15%
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays with the option to buy and sell up to 5 days
- Access to a range of wellbeing support
- Tailored intuitive learning and development resources
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
Medical Protection Society