Portfolio Commercial Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a Portfolio Commercial Manager to join our Member Experience, Digital and Data team based in Leeds!
As our Portfolio Commercial Manager, you will be joining a proactive and determined Change team with a +/- £20 million Change Portfolio that consists of business critical and forward-thinking projects.
Reporting to the Strategic PMO Lead, in partnership with the Finance and Procurement Leads and associated MEDD stakeholders and processes, you will be accountable for the development and management of the Portfolio commercial and financial plan.
In addition, you will also develop robust controls and processes across the MEDD function in relation to spend management, budgetary control, performance in line with the procurement and legal frameworks.
This a hybrid role with a blend of home and office-based working. As MPS colleagues are spread across the UK, we utilise technology to facilitate our roles with occasional travel to our offices in Leeds or London and as such, strong stakeholder management and communication skills are vital to provide sight over the portfolio.
- Provide the internal delivery teams with guidance and compliance oversight to all IT organisational spend, including internal resource costs and recharging data
- Lead on Change Control Processes Identification, recording, notification and negotiation of change in accordance with the contract and involving Procurement and Legal in line with Policies
- Accountable to drive the planning, monitoring and managing of MEDD budgets overhead, expenditure across operations and change in line with the planning and performance financial cycle
- Support the departmental timesheet process to ensure it is robust and that financial outputs are understood and tracked and suitable to support finance and capital recharging
- Alongside the Senior Procurement Category Manager (IT) support in the management of Procurement risk to enable resolution and mitigation of potential impact on MPS, Members and colleagues
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge in the production of consolidated financial budgets and forecasts within a business change environment
- Proven experience of working alongside business change teams or digital delivery programmes working in collaboration with third party suppliers and internal IT teams
- Excellent communication and influencing skills to liaise with stakeholders at varying levels
- Ability to engage and challenge at all levels; strong influencing skills coupled with tenacity and resilience
- Detailed understanding of procurement processes and procedures
- Experience of developing and maintaining procurement and financial data
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we encourage you to apply even if you feel you do not match 100% of the technical requirements. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and strive to create a work environment which ensures everyone can be heard.
- Up to 15% discretionary annual bonus
- 11% pension contribution (3% from you, 8% from us – optional additional matched 3% contributions, e.g. 6% from you, 11% from us)
- 25 days annual leave plus flexible bank holidays (option to buy/sell additional 5 days)
- Private Medical Cover
- Healthcare cash plan
- 6x salary death in service
- A personal GP service enabling you to get a video consultation with a NHS-registered private GP
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of shopping discounts from major high-street retailers
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for Doctors, Dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 Members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We are a not-for-profit organisation, meaning our Members’ premiums are either invested into bettering the organisation, its employees and our products, or kept safe should our Members require support for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit Members and the wider healthcare professions.
To do this, we need colleagues who are trusted and supported to deliver their best work, whether that be through leadership development, fully-funded training courses or peer-to-peer support. We want our colleagues to feel empowered enough to deliver positive change, display ambition to push themselves and are determined when faced with a challenge, whilst ensuring our Member’s best interests are at the core.
If you are interested in finding out more, looking for a new role and want to join an organisation that truly values its employees, take a look at the role profile to find out more about the role to apply.
Our Recruitment team are always on hand should you have any questions, are having any technical issues or wish to understand how MPS can support you with your application and interview. You can contact Recruitment by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Medical Protection Society