Portfolio Capacity Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a Portfolio Capacity Manager to join our Portfolio team based in Leeds!
As our Portfolio Capacity Manager, you will be joining a proactive and determined Portfolio team with a +/- £20 million Change Portfolio that consists of business critical and forward-thinking projects, including a refreshed CRM system and other key system integration projects.
You will embed yourself into the DNA of MPS, determining what resources are required to deliver specific projects, whether for the next few months or next few years. This role is critical for the Portfolio team to understand what tools MPS have available, which colleagues are available to support and if not, how MPS gears up to influence project success.
This a hybrid role with a blend of home and office-based working. As MPS colleagues are spread across the UK, we utilise technology to facilitate our roles with occasional travel to our offices in Leeds or London and as such, strong stakeholder management and communication skills are vital to provide sight over the portfolio.
As our new Portfolio Capacity Manager, you will also:
- Maintain effective relationships with the resource stakeholders to ensure true and accurate resource allocations
- Take responsibility for the effective operation of the Resource management, forecasting and reporting tools including owning and maintaining our central resource management platform owned by PMO
- Participate in the analysis of vendor capabilities and maintenance of the Capability matrix
- Assist with the identification of new or changing resource requirements by actively engaging stakeholders to obtain feedback and incorporate those in continuous improvement
- Maintaining and reviewing capacity planning models and processing for forecasting
- Providing statistical analysis and insight to support the impact assessment of change.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for:
- Significant Supplier Relationship Management experience and strategic sourcing and contract management expertise
- Ability to work with, influence and communicate with all levels of staff within the organisation, and especially partners and other related third parties
- Detailed knowledge of resource forecasting and resource management principals
- Experience in managing central resource pools across matrix teams
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we encourage you to apply even if you feel you do not match 100% of the technical requirements. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and strive to create a work environment which ensures everyone can be heard.
Alongside a competitive salary as stated above, you will also receive:
- Up to 15% discretionary annual bonus
- 11% pension contribution (3% from you, 8% from us – optional additional matched 3% contributions, e.g. 6% from you, 11% from us)
- 25 days annual leave plus flexible bank holidays (option to buy/sell additional 5 days)
- Private Medical Cover
- Healthcare cash plan
- 6x salary death in service
- A personal GP service enabling you to get a video consultation with a NHS-registered private GP
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of shopping discounts from major high-street retailers
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for Doctors, Dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 Members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We are a not-for-profit organisation, meaning our Members’ premiums are either invested into bettering the organisation, its employees and our products, or kept safe should our Members require support for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit Members and the wider healthcare professions.
To do this, we need colleagues who are trusted and supported to deliver their best work, whether that be through leadership development, fully-funded training courses or peer-to-peer support. We want our colleagues to feel empowered enough to deliver positive change, display ambition to push themselves and are determined when faced with a challenge, whilst ensuring our Member’s best interests are at the core.
If you are interested in finding out more, looking for a new role and want to join an organisation that truly values its employees, take a look at the role profile to find out more about the role to apply.
Our Recruitment team are always on hand should you have any questions, are having any technical issues or wish to understand how MPS can support you with your application and interview. You can contact Recruitment by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Medical Protection Society