Policy and Public Affairs Manager
We are looking to recruit a Policy and Public Affairs manager based at our London Office on a permanent basis!
You will play a pivotal role in ensuring that the organisation is aware of and influences policy, political, & legislative developments by monitoring governments to regulators, identifying risks and opportunities and acting on behalf of MPS and members to influence change.
You would be working on a diverse range of interesting and changing policy areas spanning healthcare, law as well as indemnity and insurance.
You would be taking on a rare opportunity to work for an international not-for-profit international organisation with members around the world. All aspects of your role would be globally focused, working on policy issues and stakeholder engagement across the UK, Ireland, South Africa, Asia, and other markets where MPS protects members.
The Corporate Affairs department operates on a hybrid working basis. Team members tend to come on-site roughly once per week but may be required to attend more frequently throughout the year if needed.
- You will ensure that MPS are aware of and influences policy, political and legislative developments that affect the business and its membership, by monitoring, identifying, and leading on responding to opportunities and risks.
- Stakeholder mapping and engagement – you will ensure that there is a plan in place to engage with our main stakeholder organisations, and you will be the lead point of contact for some of these stakeholders.
- Lead on creating policy positions and crafting a range of communications for senior stakeholders, in collaboration with senior colleagues.
- Produce high-quality, bespoke briefings on a range of topics including for colleagues attending meetings with stakeholders.
The Ideal Candidate
- Able to show career experience at a relevant level.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, with an ability to communicate persuasively.
- Have some experience in influencing policy and driving campaigns forward for a business.
- Has a great track record of successfully engaging with decision makers and key stakeholders.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we encourage you to apply even if you feel you do not match 100% of the technical requirements. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and strive to create a work environment which ensures everyone can be heard.
- Hybrid working (London office)
- 11% pension contribution (3% from you, 8% from us – optional additional matched 3% contributions, e.g. 6% from you, 11% from us)
- Annual bonus scheme - up to 15%
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave (plus flexible bank holidays) and the option to buy or sell up to 5 days
- 6x salary death in service
- A personal GP service enabling you to get a video consultation with an NHS-registered private GP
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of shopping discounts
About the Company
The Medical Protection Society Ltd (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for Doctors, Dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world.
We are a not-for-profit organisation, meaning our members’ subscriptions are either invested into bettering the organisation, our employees and our products, or kept safe should our members require support for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions.
To do this, we need colleagues who are trusted and supported to deliver their best work, whether that be through leadership development, fully-funded training courses or peer-to-peer support. We want colleagues to feel empowered to deliver positive change, display ambition to push themselves and be determined when faced with a challenge, whilst ensuring our member’s best interests are at the core.
Medical Protection Society