People and Culture Business Partner
The purpose of the People and Culture team is to enable leaders to cultivate and inspire an agile and engaged environment where colleagues are empowered to deliver the MPS Vision. The People Business Partner will work in partnership with leaders for Business Development & Engagement and Commercial, providing proactive HR services, helping to create, deliver and implement a people strategy that will drive the achievement of the corporate strategy through maximising employee engagement.
- Support on the leadership of People & Culture ensuring that colleagues build commercial understanding of the challenges and plans facing Business Development & Engagement and Commercial; act as an internal mentor and coach for the People & Culture team
- As the HR landscape continually changes, keep abreast of evolving legislation and best practice; recommend opportunities for MPS to become more efficient and effective in People and Culture practices
- Maintain understanding of HR best practice in order to promote high performance, coach and develop other members of the People & Culture department and demonstrate values and behaviours in accordance with company standards.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the People & Culture strategy to plan, cost and quality
- Work with leaders across the relevant business area (UK and Internationally) to support the development and delivery of the annual people plan ensuring commercial alignment between the people strategy and the business strategy
- Promote positive employee relations at all times and champion a community environment which enables the diversity agenda, well-being of our colleagues and builds our reputation in the market place as a positive employer brand
- Lead on annual HR processes (salary, bonus, moderations) within the business area engaging with business leaders to ensure understanding and completion in line with governance forums timeframes
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrate thought leadership in HR policy and procedures
- High-energy work ethic, ability to establish vision, drive change and deliver results
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to influence and persuade
- Detailed knowledge of human resources and employee relations approaches, methods and their application
Acted previously as a strategic HR Business Partner within a competitive commercial environment
- Car allowance of £2,335
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 15% (for permanent roles)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society