People and Culture Adviser
As a People and Culture Adviser you will deliver an efficient and effective employee relations and advisory service to leaders both in the UK and Internationally. Ensuring effective engagement with colleagues and that management of all people related issues are consistent with internal policies, processes and legal requirements, to ensure the business remains compliant and within agreed People risk appetite.
- Promote positive employee relations at all times and champion a community environment which enables delivery against the Diversity and Inclusion agenda, wellbeing of our colleagues and builds our reputation in the market place as a positive employer brand
- Develop people policies that are benchmarked externally, are compliant with evolving employment legislations (UK and International) and provide for fair treatment and outcomes for colleagues and the organisation.
- Coach and guide leaders across MPS on their leadership capability, including in relation to the handling of employee relations matters, to create high performing, engaged and diverse teams.
- Build a strong internal and external network to inform continuous professional development and contribute thought-leadership on people policies and practice that will further enhance People and Culture’s contribution to business performance.
The Ideal Candidate
- Detailed knowledge of employee relations approaches, methods and their application
- Experience interpreting UK employment legislation
- Experience with policy development
- Experience in supporting the delivery of transformation change programmes
- Proven experience of driving diversity and inclusion initiatives
At MPS we understand that diversity is an important part of a truly inclusive community, and it’s something we're committed to as an organisation. The MPS Recruitment Team (Laura or Julia) welcome applications from candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds. Important to MPS is that our people live our values of Member First, Ambitious, Determined and Empowered. We accept that not all applicants are able to meet all requirements of the role and therefore we consider applications based on merit and experience. We are open to discuss your application and to assist you through the process. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are willing to consider flexible working options. If you have any questions about any advertised role and how we can support you, please contact the Recruitment Team.
Due to the ongoing situation around Covid-19 most of our colleagues are working remotely, this role is attached to our Leeds office and will adapt a hybrid working approach in the future.
Due to the urgency of this role we may commence shortlisting or interviewing prior to the advertised closing date so please don’t hesitate in applying if you are interested in this role.
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 15%
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society