People and Culture Adviser - Australia, New Zealand and Asia
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced HR professional to join the People and Culture department as a People & Culture Adviser on a permanent, part time basis in Brisbane.
As the P&C Adviser, you will play a pivotal role in delivering the best HR advisory, recruitment, and administration service to leaders in Australia, New Zealand, and Asia, ensuring effective engagement with colleagues and that the management of all people related issues are consistent with internal policies, processes, and legal requirements to ensure we remain compliant.
Your immediate team will be based in the UK so you will be confident working with autonomy and relish the responsibility of being the in-country HR expert. Working closely with colleagues in the UK, you will provide advice on employment law and best practice, working collaboratively to ensure a consistent centralised approach.
This is a flexible part time role, with hours ranging from 18 – 20 per week, which we will be looking to spread across 4/5 days. We will need a mixture of day and evening hours working so you can effectively collaborate with colleagues across the globe. Hybrid working, this will typically see you working onsite 1 day per week in our office hub in Brisbane.
If you are seeking a true generalist HR role, where you get to work flexibly and with autonomy, this could be the opportunity for you!
- As the HR landscape continually changes, keep abreast of evolving legislation and best practice; recommending opportunities for MPS to become more efficient and effective in People and Culture practices.
- Work with the People and Culture teams such as Recruitment and People Services to ensure an efficient, consistent, and timely service for colleagues.
- Build a strong internal and external network to inform continuous professional development and contribute thought-leadership on people policies and practice that will further enhance People and Culture’s contribution to business performance.
- Contribute to positive employee relations and champion a community environment which enables diversity, wellbeing of our colleagues and builds our reputation in the marketplace as a positive employer brand.
- Support the administration of people tasks relating to employee relations, recruitment, payroll and benefits, training and development, maintenance of the HR systems are processed, distributed, and recorded in a timely and accurate manner.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have strong HR advisory experience and be confident interpreting employment legislation; you may also have a formal qualification in this field.
As the in-country expert, you’ll be comfortable working with autonomy and collaborating with colleagues across the globe at different levels of seniority. You will have experience working globally, ideally having also previously worked with teams/stakeholders in Asia.
An effective communicator, you have the ability to challenge and influence and, with a proactive work ethic, are keen to drive positive change and deliver results.
Diversity and Inclusion
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we encourage you to apply even if you feel you do not match 100% of the technical requirements. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and strive to create a work environment which ensures everyone can be heard.
What’s important to MPS is that our people live our values of Member First, Ambitious, Determined and Empowered.
If you have any questions about any advertised role and how we can support you, please contact our Recruitment Team.
- Hybrid working
- Annual performance based bonus - up to 15%
- 25 days Annual Leave plus national public holidays and additional State and Territory public holidays
- State and Territory holiday trading option
- 10.5% Superannuation contribution
- A range of shopping discounts, exclusive codes and cashback deals on purchases for a wide range of retailers
- Financial wellbeing support, expert guides, tips and tools to help you manage your money better and improve your financial wellbeing
- Wellbeing support, free specialist counselling, advice and signposting support through our Employee Assistance Programme and Mental Health First Aider network. Anytime access to a Wellbeing hub and a free Wellbeing App
- Contribution towards Life, Income Protection and Medical Insurance
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society