People Governance and Policy Analyst
We are looking for a highly organised and attentive individual to join the People and Culture (HR) division as a People Governance and Policy Analyst.
Reporting to the People Policy and Advice Lead, the People Governance and Policy Analyst will support the delivery of effective management of people policies, governance and the monitoring of People risk and data protection compliance.
If you’re looking for a varied role where you can take the lead in championing data protection and compliance, while working proactively to make improvements, this could be the right move for you!
This is a part time role (22.5 hours per week) and hybrid to the Leeds office. Here at MPS, we want you to have the best work-life balance possible so we are open to hearing how you would prefer to schedule those hours.
- Support the research, design and implementation of effective People Policies which support effective People risk management across the business.
- Support delivery of business projects/initiatives ensuring delivery of projects to time, cost and quality and that can demonstrate a return on investment
- Working with the wider People and Culture division to ensure that People Risk and Compliance MI and reporting requirements are met.
- Working with Group Risk and Compliance to support the implementation of a stronger risk culture across MPS.
- Gather insight and analysis from people metrics and organisational data sources to inform business decisions and actions which results in a measurable improvement in business performance and people metric trends.
- Regularly monitor and audit P&C systems and controls to ensure policies and processes are being adhered to and to identify any areas of weakness.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have relevant work experience and knowledge of HR, either gained in a previous role or through a related qualification (e.g. CIPD).
You’re super organised, with great attention to detail and, with an analytical mindset are a frequent user of MS Office suite, particularly Excel and Power BI.
You’ll naturally love learning and researching, always looking at insights to solve business problems. You will enjoy developing People Metrics, gathering data, and ensuring our reporting is accurate, while being able to deliver this in a clear and digestible format to key stakeholders across MPS.
You won’t be afraid of challenging ways of thinking because you’ll have the evidence and research to back up these challenges.
Diversity & Inclusion
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we encourage you to apply even if you feel you do not match 100% of the technical requirements. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and strive to create a work environment which ensures everyone can be heard.
What’s important to MPS is that our people live our values of Member First, Ambitious, Determined and Empowered.
If you have any questions about any advertised role and how we can support you, please contact our Recruitment Team.
- Hybrid working (Leeds office)
- Generous matched pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme - up to 10%
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave (plus flexible bank holidays) and the option to buy or sell up to 5 days
- 6x salary death in service
- A personal GP service enabling you to get a video consultation with an NHS-registered private GP
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of shopping discounts
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society