People Business Partner
Are you an experienced People/HR professional looking for your next challenge in a role where you can make a significant impact? We have an exciting opportunity for an individual with exceptional expertise and a strategic mindset to join the team as aPeople Business Partneron a permanent basisand elevate our people strategy to new heights.
As the People Business Partner, you will join the People & Culture (P&C) leadership team and play a key role in shaping the strategic direction and delivering an ambitious P&C strategy, fostering colleague engagement, and cultivating a culture that reflects our values.
The Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the worlds leading medical defence organisation, we are dynamic and diverse and committed to supporting healthcare professionals and improving patient safety across the globe. We have a strong focus on innovation and continuous improvement, ensuring that we stay at the forefront of our industry, so its a really exciting time to be joining MPS as we embark on a period of transformational growth.
As the People Business Partner, youll work closely with Executive Directors and senior leadership teams across the business, driving the people-related strategic risks and delivering a robust people strategy deeply aligned with our overall corporate goals.
At MPS, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce, and therefore welcome applications from individuals seeking flexible working arrangements. For us to maintain effective collaboration and engagement we would like the People Business Partner to be able to frequent the Leeds office.
- Strategic Leadership: Contribute to the development of the People & Culture strategy and effectively partner with Executive and senior leaders to ensure its successful implementation across MPS globally.
- Organisational Design: Provide expertise in organisational design to support workforce management plans, aligning with the MPS strategy and financial plan.
- Trusted P&C Partner: Be the go-to person for Executive Directors and their teams, offering strategic P&C expertise and ensuring that the people agenda and employee value proposition (EVP) are proactively managed.
- Culture and DE&I: Lead annual People and Culture processes, driving engagement, championing diversity and inclusion, and reinforcing our desired culture.
- Financial Management: Collaborate with leaders in budget setting and delivery, challenging spend to optimise operating models while maintaining a high-quality member and colleague experience.
- Reward Strategy: Work with the Reward Specialist to develop and implement an effective reward strategy, ensuring fair remuneration and embedding it within the business.
- Thought Leadership: Stay updated on industry best practices and thought leadership in P&C, promote high performance, efficiency and effectiveness, and lead continuous improvement initiatives.
- Talent Management: Drive the talent management framework, focusing on building a diverse talent pipeline and nurturing subject matter experts capable of succeeding into critical leadership roles.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate is a visionary who can develop and execute a People strategy that effectively supports our company goals. With a deep understanding of industry best practices, market trends, and employment law, you stay ahead of the curve and position us as a leader in our field.
Your extensive background in People/HR brings invaluable expertise in areas such as reward, systems, leadership development, resourcing, talent and performance management. You are experienced in leading organisational design and transformational change programs, which you will leverage to drive MPS growth and success.
Passionate about diversity and inclusion, you are dedicated to promoting and leading initiatives that create an inclusive environment at all levels of our organisation.
With exceptional stakeholder engagement and influencing skills, the ideal candidate can effectively collaborate with executives to drive strategic decision-making and ensure alignment across the board. You are adept at leveraging people metrics to inform data-driven actions and continuously improve our People practices.
Coming from a successful track record as a strategic People/HR Business Partner in a competitive commercial environment, you thrive under pressure and understand the dynamics of today's business landscape.
At MPS, we believe that our people are our biggest asset and the driving force behind our success. Join us and contribute to an inclusive culture where diverse perspectives are valued, ideas are encouraged, and everyone is empowered to make a difference.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we encourage you to apply even if you feel you do not match 100% of the technical requirements. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and strive to create a work environment which ensures everyone can be heard.
- Up to 15% discretionary annual bonus
- 11% pension contribution (3% from you, 8% from us optional additional matched 3% contributions, e.g. 6% from you, 11% from us)
- 25 days annual leave plus flexible bank holidays (option to buy/sell 5 days)
- Private Medical Cover
- Healthcare cash plan
- 6x salary death in service
- Paid volunteering day
- A personal GP service enabling you to get a video consultation with an NHS-registered, private GP
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of shopping discounts from major high-street retailers
About the Company
The Medical Protection Society Ltd (MPS) is the worlds leading protection organisation for Doctors, Dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world.
We are a not-for-profit organisation, meaning our members subscriptions are either invested into bettering the organisation, our employees and our products, or kept safe should our members require support for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions.
To do this, we need colleagues who are trusted and supported to deliver their best work, whether that be through leadership development, fully-funded training courses or peer-to-peer support. We want colleagues to feel empowered to deliver positive change, display ambition to push themselves and be determined when faced with a challenge, whilst ensuring our members best interests are at the core.
Medical Protection Society