Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
The purpose of this role is to provide effective central oversight of the MPS change portfolio, administer change programmes and monitor projects ensuring benefits realisation are controlled and achieved in line with best practice and aligned for MPS strategic priorities to be realised.
As the PMO Manager you will provide leadership across Digital and Change and in particular the PMO Team to deliver on the overall corporate strategy, business performance, leadership of teams that reinforces the desired culture and delivery of strategic priorities.
- Build relationships and networks and working closely with, challenging, and influencing senior management within MPS to ensure that all changes underpin the MPS strategy and are structured to support effective and efficient change delivery.
- Work with Finance and other divisions to track portfolio costs and benefits realisation to ensure programme benefits are defined, agreed and accepted and can be tracked.
- Keep abreast of evolving legislation and best practice; recommend opportunities for MPS to become more efficient and effective and maintain complaint with relevant regulations.
- Manage the central oversight of the portfolio ensuring gatekeeping activity and governance of change projects (administer change programmes, monitor projects and benefits realisation) allocated within MPS as per the change portfolio to ensure MPS can meet strategic outcomes
- Work with other Digital and Change leaders to set and deliver the budget ensuring an efficient and effective Project Management Team operating model which minimises cost and maximises financial sustainability.
- Develop and lead a culture and capability in lean/continuous improvement and project management to drive operational efficiency and great member experiences and outcomes.
- Provide strong leadership to ensure the training, competence, performance and engagement of all employees in the Project Management Team ensuring all have clarity on their accountabilities and comply with all governance, policy standards and processes.
The Ideal Candidate
MPS is experiencing a successful amount of growth and significantly investing in both its people and infrastructure, as such you will be involved in a number of projects and need to be able to prioritise accordingly
The ideal candidate will be a good communicator with the ability to communicate to a broad audience and converse with all levels. Whilst leading the team you will have strong data manipulation and interpretation skills and be able to think cross functionally and see the bigger picture.
- Car allowance of £X
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to X% (for permanent roles)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- X days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society