We have a great opportunity for a PMO analyst to join us in our Portfolio, Programme and Project Management department. This is an exciting opportunity to gain exposure to some important projects at MPS. As an Investor in People company, this is a fantastic opportunity to become either a fantastic PMO analyst or start a journey to become a Project Manager.
The purpose of this role is to assist the PMO Manager as well as other project resources to track Programmes/ Projects against the governance principles and provide direct project support where required. To shape and embed Programme/Project Governance principles across the MPS change portfolio in order to support the completion of successful projects/initiatives that align to the strategic objectives of the business to ensure we are achieving the best outcomes for our members.
The standard responsibilities of an MPS PMO analyst can be found on the role profile, In this particular role you will :
- build and maintain strong relationships with the business, senior stakeholders and external stakeholders to ensure the delivery of programmes/projects to agreed scope, time, cost and quality.
- effectively champion and support programme/project governance standards/processes to ensure best practice is adopted to enable more efficient and effective delivery.
- effectively work with Project Manager(s) in the delivery of projects in accordance with the governance standards.
- Support the management of on-boarding and off-boarding temporary project team members within Digital and Change to ensure the delivery of programmes/projects to agreed scope, time, cost and quality
- Escalate as required any technical matters and/or seek advice using such opportunities to build confidence and competence in role.
- Undertake other duties and tasks that from time to time may be allocated to the role holder that are appropriate to the level or role.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for an experienced PMO analyst who can demonstrate experience of the above responsibilities. The successful candidate will be adept at juggling multiple projects and shifting priorities and demands. The role requires someone who can communicate information in an engaging manner and effectively manage stakeholders. Experience from a regulated environment would be great but is not essential.
At MPS we understand that diversity is an important part of a truly inclusive community, and it’s something we're committed to as an organisation. The MPS Recruitment Team welcome applications from candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds. Important to MPS is that our people live our values of Member First, Ambitious, Determined and Empowered. We accept that not all applicants are able to meet all requirements of the role and therefore we consider applications based on merit and experience. We are open to discuss your application and to assist you through the process. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are willing to consider flexible working options. If you have any questions about any advertised role and how we can support you, please contact the Recruitment Team.
Due to the current pandemic most of our colleagues are working remotely, this role is attached to our Leeds office and there may be a requirement to return to this office in the future. We do require a level of flexibility on this and will discuss this with shortlisted candidates.
Due to the urgency of this role we may commence shortlisting or interviewing prior to the advertised closing date so please don’t hesitate in applying if you are interested in this role.
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 10%
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society