Operations & Delivery Lead
We are looking to appoint a Global Operations Lead in our Risk Prevention department to join us here at our head office based in Leeds city centre. Responsible for the organisation of events, webinars, seminars and workshops for both our individual and corporate members where we provide activities focused on professional development and improvement within the healthcare sector to both our corporate clients and hospitals. All these activities take place within our Risk Prevention Services team, who run over 1,000 educational and event-based activities per in more than 10 countries The department offers events free as a benefit of membership, as well as trading commercially with is prospective and current corporate clients , as well as through its subsidiary the Cognitive Institute www.cognitiveinstitute.org
The main purpose of the Global Operations Lead role is to lead our Risk Prevention Operations Delivery team in managing educational services at an individual, group and corporate level in order to maximise our market share and deliver targeted written income and member numbers worldwide
- Leading a team of 11 direct reports (based in the UK, South Africa and Australia)
- Contribution to strategic planning for the department
- Delivery of member and hospital risk prevention/education services, to include all logistics around travel and commissioning of both staff and contractor faculty.
- Provide event management systems and services, including individual participant registrations
- Create and administer commercial services contracts with clients
- Support with supplier contracts, including license agreements with 3rd parties
- Support the client management of MPS Partnerships and Cognitive Institute clients to ensure expectations are delivered and met
- Managed the protection of owned and sub-licensed intellectual property, including copyright and trademarks
- Management implementation of CPD/CME accreditation of courses and services
- Lead the department’s overall process improvement and documentation of policies and procedures
The Ideal Candidate
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent
- Global operations management with management of senior stakeholders
- Extensive international, operational management, preferably within a commercial organisation
- Education delivery
- Identification and management of software to support operations, including events, resource management, delivery of consultancy services and CRM
- Car allowance of £4,670
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 22% (for permanent roles)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 30 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for individual healthcare professional, practices and hospitals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence we have a world class international Risk Prevention programme to help avoid error, reduce risk and improve healthcare. As an organisation we ensure we are by our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society