Operational Team Leader
We have four fantastic new opportunities to work within either our Triage, Cases, Claims or Administration functions to provide leadership to a team of technical experts.
All roles will be based in Pretoria.
- Lead the team to support the delivery of the Member Protection and Support strategy and priorities
- Manage informal complaints and establish escalation routes for technical matters ensuring fair outcomes for members
- Lead the team to continuously improve ways of working and contribute to improvement projects aimed to drive operational efficiency and member experiences
- Lead the team to ensure fair treatment and outcomes for members, and compliance with associated policies and standards set out by council, committees and delegated authorities
- Ensure training, competence, performance and engagement of the team and identify training requirements
- Build relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally to maximise operational effectiveness
- Own the setting of team budgets and ensure the effective and efficient performance of the team
- Lead the team to minimise case costs by proactively managing and challenging costs and invoices from third party spend
The Ideal Candidate
- Leadership and people management experience in multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong operational management experience preferably in a progressive medical malpractice and/or insurance of other regulatory environment
- Strong customer service / member management background
- Resource planning and productivity management
These are fantastic opportunities to help shape the way our new the function operates
21 days leave plus 12 bank holiday days
Private Medical allowance
Performance related bonus up to 15% (for permanent roles)
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society