Membership Services Coordinator
Our Membership Services Coordinator will be responsible for providing a high level of membership service to the Australian dental members.
- Provide a professional and friendly member experience by responding to enquiries from existing and new members, and action requests relating to their membership in a timely manner.
- Manage the processing of all membership applications, renewals, changes and queries in all systems
- Based on assessment criteria, carry out or refer underwriting on behalf of MDA and/or MPS in the absence of the Membership Advisor
- Update and manage the membership database to ensure DPL has an accurate local record of all members and policies
- Manage the membership email and fax inbox and related workflow folders
- Provide information and general insurance advice to existing and potential members on membership benefits and services, membership fees, categories and concessions and CPD events
- Ensure all member correspondence is correctly electronically filed as per MDA National Insurance guidelines to ensure DPL has an efficient file management system in place and DPL is compliant when audited
- Refer all calls/emails regarding clinical matters to the Dento-Legal consultants for assessment, ensuring all member queries are answered immediately
- Manage and audit the communication with DPL UK regarding any changes to membership records to ensure an accurately maintained member database
The Ideal Candidate
- Tier 2 Accreditation General Insurance (General Advice only)
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with members of the department, external stakeholders and with new and existing members
- High level of customer relations skills gained through face to face situations and over the phone/email
- Strong organisational and time management skills with a high degree of attention to detail
- Ability to work well within a small team with a preparedness to accept additional tasks to help the team
- Previous experience in a customer focused role with an emphasis on providing exceptional service
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal with an ability to communicate confidently over the phone and answer emails professionally
- Previous experience in a customer service role within a contact centre/ office environment within a membership organisation or medical profession
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Supernnaution 9.5%
- Annual bonus scheme up to 10% (for permanent roles)
- Life/Income protection/Medical insurance benefit
- 25 days leave plus national public holidays and additional state and territory public holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society