Member Services Adviser - International
Member Operations – International, provide a world class service to MPS’s International members through multiple communication channels, primarily by telephone, email and outbound contacts as appropriate to maintain and enhance the service.
- Communicate to members through multiple communication channels and manage responses to enquiries and complaints enabling “easy to do business with” application management and successful on-boarding.
- Liaise with local regional partners where appropriate in relation to the administration of member records.
- Effectively manage renewals and retention for existing Members.
- Promptly deal with payments related activity including subscription collections, refunds, and escalated referrals. Ensure payments received are allocated and reported correctly. Focus on and monitor efficient and effective closure of member enquiries, complaints and disputes
- To be first point of reference for complaint/dispute resolution, referral criteria and delegated underwriting authorities with the MPS Risk teams
- Take payments over the telephone using the on-line payment system
- Ensure that the membership database is updated correctly in order to reflect each individual member’s circumstances in response to the information received.
- Work with line management to facilitate successful implementation and delivery of member data integrity and collection initiatives
- Support initiatives to understand root cause of member dissatisfaction in relation to Member Operations Services processes and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Have focus on achievement and SLA/KPI targets and standards.
- Comply with all audit and regulatory policies, procedures and regulations
- Take ownership of member enquiries, managing them through to earliest possible conclusion with all issues raised addressed accurately and in full.
- Provide a high standard of Member engagement/care/excellence skills to provide quality, member experience on every interaction
- Take proactive steps to minimise delay and negative service perception impact
- Ensure any expression of dissatisfaction is reported in line with root cause analysis and continuous improvement requirement
- Promote advocacy by the reinforcement of MPS products and services to existing, new and prospective members.
- The accurate and efficient completion of duties as defined by your line manager.
- Undertake other duties and tasks that from time to time may be allocated to the jobholder that are appropriate to the grade or role
- Comply with applicable professional ethical guidance and all relevant internal rules, policy and procedures, including those relating to Health and Safety, Data Protection, IT Security and all those contained within the issued Staff Handbook
- Work as part of a team, contributing to achieving team targets
The Ideal Candidate
- A minimum of 4 GCSEs or equivalent (Grade A-C) including English language and mathematics
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment but also to be focused on individual tasks and targets.
- Methodical approach to work with excellent attention for detail
- Prepared to develop a strong working knowledge of MPS International products, services, procedures and processes.
- Excellent working knowledge of the businesses supporting IT systems and how to navigate through them efficiently
- High quality of verbal, written and numeracy skills
- High level of accuracy showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks
- Awareness of SLA/KPI standards and being watchful over a period of time for each task undertaken to ensure compliance/achievement of these standards.
- Continuous Learning - actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities;
- Potential to generate innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 10% (for permanent roles)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society