The purpose of the role is to oversee and carry out day to day maintenance activity across the Leeds site in order to ensure that the office is safe for visitors and colleagues. In addition, this role supports Business Continuity and Health & Safety activity across the MPS Group.
This is a great opportunity to join MPS in a newly created role. We are recruiting a hands on maintenance manager who has experience of providing a reactive and pro-active, multi-skilled maintenance service to take on the following responsibilities:
- Supporting the delivery of the end to end Facilities strategy
- Ensuring effective delivery of maintenance services across the MPS Global portfolio of offices to ensure safe and healthy working environments
- Managing the group maintenance plan
- Continuous improvement of processed and activities
- Leading and coaching junior colleagues when needed
- Acting as a ambassador for H&S, security and facilities best practice
- Managing contractors
- Carrying out maintenance activity (hard/soft facilities services) and safety checks to the Leeds estate.
A sample of the tasks involved:
- Carrying out regular fire alarm tests and supporting with the annual fire evacuation test.
- Fixing lighting faults
- Basic plumbing (blockages and fault finding)
- Building maintenance and general office repairs
- Comms room / UPS room upkeep
- Site security checks
- Office moves
- Out of hours alarm response
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking as multi skilled individual, ideally with an electrical bias, this will be demonstrated by both work experience and a maintenance engineering qualification in Electrical and possibly Mechanical maintenance.
We welcome candidates who can demonstrate all or most of the following:
- Knowledge of work planning, material control and maintenance techniques
- Experience working with PPM and reactive maintenance
- International experience
- Experience of mentoring or training others
- Strong IT skills
- Commercial awareness
At MPS we understand that diversity is an important part of a truly inclusive community, and it’s something we're committed to as an organisation. The MPS Recruitment Team (Laura, Julia and Sarah) welcome applications from candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds. Important to MPS is that our people live our values of Member First, Ambitious, Determined and Empowered. We accept that not all applicants are able to meet all requirements of the role and therefore we consider applications based on merit and experience. We are open to discuss your application and to assist you through the process. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are willing to consider flexible working options. If you have any questions about any advertised role and how we can support you, please contact the Recruitment Team.
Due to the current COVID pandemic most of our colleagues are working remotely, this role is attached to our Leeds office and there may be a requirement to return to this office in the future. We do require a level of flexibility on this and will discuss this with shortlisted candidates.
Due to the urgency of this role we may commence shortlisting or interviewing prior to the advertised closing date so please don’t hesitate in applying if you are interested in this role.
- 15% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Leeds based role, flexibility required during the current climate.
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society