MI Data Analyst
Work with staff across all levels of the business to identify and formally capture process requirements arising from changes to existing and design of new processes. Assist in the support/development of future data requirements, translating these into detailed written requirements at business and functional levels.
- Interrogate large data sets, providing insight and conversion into actionable information
- Maintaining and developing the correct production of regular and recurrent management information, ensuring procedures are in place, understood and followed. This includes all workflow, productivity and financial reporting aspects of MPS for internal use
- The performance of all tasks and production of appropriate project documentation to ensure the successful capture of requirements to support business change. This will typically involve:
- Analysis and specification for reporting requirements
- Design and delivery of performance information for key operational and business targets
- Logical and physical data modelling
- T-SQL querying (2008/2012), Toad for SAP Solutions
- Data warehouse specification, population and reporting
- Data analysis tools such as SSAS, SSRS, Business Objects/Webi, SAP Lumira, Power View etc.
- Producing process maps for new business processes / amending existing process maps
- Producing business requirements specifications and other supporting documentation
- Ensuring that the highest standards of quality are maintained for all documents produced, and during all interactions with KBRs, other MPS colleagues and 3rd party contacts
Planning / Estimating:
- Active contribution to the project planning process throughout the life of the project by providing their line manager / project manager with realistic and accurate estimates for the tasks they have been assigned
- Monitor their progress in completing tasks versus their estimate, to highlight at the earliest opportunity where there is potential for variance, and to suggest pro-actively solutions that will mitigate / minimize the impact of these variations on the plan and progress of the project
- Identify the most appropriate people from whom to elicit information, and also capable of deciding how best to resolve conflicting requirements (including knowing when to escalate issues).
- Provide relevant information and guidance to senior management to help make major decisions and recommendations regarding business change projects
The Ideal Candidate
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 10% (for permanent roles)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society