Litigation Solicitor L2
We have an exciting opportunity for a Litigation Solicitor to join our Legal Services team based in London or Leeds!
As our Litigation Solicitor (L2), you will be at the forefront of protecting the careers, reputation and financial risk of our members worldwide. From providing an efficient and effective legal service for members to defending litigated clinical negligence claims you will be joining a service that is trusted and valued by members and provides fair treatment and outcomes.
You will join a multi-disciplinary team of experienced Litigation Solicitors (L1), developing Litigators and Litigation Assistants, carrying an independent caseload and supporting the L1s on complex and/or high value matters.
This role sits under MPS’ ‘Hybrid Persona’ meaning there will be a blend of home and office-based working, to suit you and the needs of the business. This is typically 1-2 days per week on-site.
We know flexibility is important to people and at MPS we want you to have the best work-life balance possible. We therefore welcome applications from all candidates, including those who may benefit from flexible working – e.g. part time, job sharing.
- Proactively manage litigated clinical negligence claims from service of proceedings to resolution, under the guidance and coaching of Litigation Solicitors (L1)
- Support the delivery of the Legal Services objective to retain work internally and reduce the use of external Panel firms
- Manage, in conjunction with the Litigation Lead, informal complaints / expressions of dissatisfaction to achieve first touch resolution for our members
- Deliver at all times fair treatment and outcomes for members and compliance with associated policies and standards
- Identify and report risks and issues identified within Legal Services to enable resolution and mitigation of potential impact on MPS, members and colleagues
The Ideal Candidate
- Practising Clinical Negligence Solicitor
- Experience of litigated clinical negligence claims
- Expertise to take a proactive and strategic approach to claims management and ability to deliver accurate claims estimates and data
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we encourage you to apply even if you feel you do not match 100% of the technical requirements. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and strive to create a work environment which ensures everyone can be heard.
What’s important to MPS is that our people live our values of Member First, Ambitious, Determined and Empowered.
Alongside a competitive salary as stated above, you will also receive:
- Up to 15% discretionary annual bonus
- Generous matched pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus flexible bank holidays (option to buy/sell additional 5 days)
- Private Medical Cover
- Healthcare cash plan
- 6x salary death in service
- A personal GP service enabling you to get a video consultation with a NHS-registered private GP
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of shopping discounts from major high-street retailers
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society