The Litigation Assistant role sits within our Legal Services department. The purpose of the role is to support our Litigation Solicitors in providing excellent legal services for members, primarily of the defence of litigated clinical negligence claims.
The main responsibilities of this role are:
- To work as part of a collaborative team to assist the Litigation Solicitors in managing their caseloads of litigated clinical negligence claims.
- To liaise as required with members, experts, counsel and other third parties in order to progress cases
- To attend meetings with members, conferences with counsel and court hearings as required and prepare attendance notes.
- To review and maintain a complete set of medical records for each case and deal with disclosure issues as required.
- Maintain electronic case files in good order, to include the preparation and maintenance of core documentation. To prepare cases for closure in accordance with SLAs.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for this role will have a Law Degree or a CILEX qualification. Experience in a litigated clinical negligence claims environment is essential.
Knowledge of medical terminology and experience of working in an insurance or other regulated environment would be beneficial but is not essential.
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 10% (for permanent roles)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society