An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Legal Services team for a Litigation Assistant to join us on a permanent basis.
The main purpose of the role is to support our Litigation Solicitors in providing excellent legal services for our members, primarily in the defense of clinical negligence claims.
This role is attached to our Leeds office, there will be a real mix of home working with the requirement to be in the office one to two days a week.
- To work as part of a collaborative team to assist the Litigation solicitors in managing their caseloads of litigated clinical negligence claims.
- To liaise as required with members, experts, counsel and other third parties in order to progress cases.
- To attend meetings with members, conference with counsel and court hearings as required and prepare attendance notes.
- To review and maintain a complete set of medical records for each case and deal with disclosure issues as required.
- Maintain electronic case files in good order, to include the preparation and maintenance of core documentation.
The Ideal Candidate
You'll ideally have experience working within a legal or claims environment, with an excellent verbal and written communication style. An understanding and interest in the litigation process would be helpful as would an understanding of the Civil Procedures Rules (CPR).
We'd love you to have practical experience using a Case Management Tool but it's not essential.
Just so you know, we might bring the closing date forward where we receive a high volume of applications so apply today!
Diversity and Inclusion
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we encourage you to apply even if you feel you do not match 100% of the technical requirements. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and strive to create a work environment which ensures everyone can be heard.
What’s important to MPS is that our people live our values of Member First, Ambitious, Determined and Empowered.
If you have any questions about any advertised role and how we can support you, please contact our Recruitment Team.
- Generous pension contributions; minimum 15% (3% from you) to maximum 21% (6% from you).
- Discretionary annual bonus up to 10%
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays
- 6x salary death in service
- A personal GP service enabling you to get a video consultation with an NHS-registered private GP Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of shopping discounts
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society