Legal Assistant - Litigation
We have a great opportunity for a Legal Assistant to join us in our Litigation team.
The main purpose of this role is to provide support to our lawyers on the defence of clinical negligence claims against our members.
This role will give you the opportunity to work alongside our very experienced team of Clinical Negligence litigation lawyers and support on some complex and high value Clinical negligence claims.
- Support MPS litigation solicitors with clinical negligence claims from service of proceedings to resolution in accordance with the Clinical Disputes Protocol and Civil Procedure Rules.
- Completing case plans.
- Drafting documents, such as acknowledgement of service, notice of change and directions.
- Instructing counsel and experts.
- Corresponding with members, experts, counsel's chambers and the courts.
The Ideal Candidate
Most importantly we need someone with exceptional accuracy and time management skills, the successful candidate must be comfortable working with complex and detailed matters, speaking to senior legal professionals and experts and have some knowledge of clinical negligence litigation or very high value litigated PI or catastrophic injury claims.
Due to the urgent nature of this role we may commence interviews prior to the closing date, so please do not delay in submitting your application.
- Minimum 15% company pension contribution
- Annual bonus scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society