Lead Medicolegal Consultant - Singapore
Member Protection and Support is at the forefront of protecting the careers, reputation and financial risk of our members worldwide.
As the lead in your jurisdiction, the purpose of the role is to work within the agreed country model and service standards to provide excellent medico legal services for members which is trusted and valued and provides fair treatment and outcomes. You will also support the business development team in country with external stakeholder / relationship management and, provide insight of the jurisdiction for internal stakeholders.
- Support the development of the stakeholder engagement plan for the relevant jurisdiction and act as an ambassador engaging with key stakeholders, industry leaders, healthcare organisations and members via meetings, conferences, events, face to face, webinars, media and PR
- Provide member and market insights to internal stakeholders and act as the in country ‘sounding board’ to ensure that the strategic direction is aligned with the changing landscape of healthcare across the relevant jurisdiction
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the MP&S strategy and plan to time, cost and quality.
- Act as the first point of contact for members, advising on a wide variety of medicolegal and ethical issues affecting their professional practice and managing own caseload. This can include, but is not limited to: advice, complaints, reports, claims, inquests, disciplinary and Medical Council hearings.
- Represent the member voice by contributing to the development and delivery of business strategy and plans for the jurisdiction.
- Support the delivery of stakeholder plans to build a strong pipeline of acquisition leads and maximise business opportunities
- Deliver at all times fair treatment and outcomes for members and compliance with associated governance, policies and standards set out by Council, its committees and delegated authorities.
- Manage informal complaints / expressions of dissatisfaction to achieve first touch resolution for our members and in accordance with policy standards and process ensuring fair outcomes for members, the membership fund
- Using the most appropriate channel of communications, keep members regularly informed ensuring the advice and support reflects policy, relevant codes of practice, is technically accurate and with outcomes delivered in a professional and empathetic manner
- Work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team and contribute to delivering on team targets
- Support panel management to ensure MPS is receiving a quality and efficient service on cases
- Undertaking other duties and tasks that from time to time may be allocated to the jobholder that are appropriate to the grade or role.
The Ideal Candidate
- Graduate medical degree
- Fully registered and licensed with the regulator for the relevant jurisdiction
- Current knowledge of legal and ethical principles that apply to medical practice
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Clinical practice in the jurisdiction
- Stakeholder management as senior corporate and healthcare/government level
- Conference and webinar presenting/writing articles for publication
- Travel allowance
- 22 days annual leave + 14 public holidays
- Car allowance $16,600
- Company pension allowance
- Performance related bonus scheme up to 22% (for permanent roles)
- Private Medical Insurance allowance
- Competitive pension scheme
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society