Medico & Dento Legal Service Team Lead
The Member Protection and Support Division is at the forefront of protecting the careers, reputations and financial risk of our members worldwide. The purpose of the role is to support the provision of trusted and valued medico legal services to our members. The successful candidate will be directly responsible for enabling the delivery of this service by providing operational leadership. Heading up a team to perform against agreed service levels with a view to cost, quality, resource, member and continuous improvement as well as providing or signposting to high quality and detailed technical input.
- Ensuring consistency and positive member outcomes are achieved in all case and claims handling
- Inputting into Root Cause Analysis in order to drive continuous improvement
- Inputting in to the ‘Centre of Excellence’ and continued development of competency frameworks
- Being an inspiring, motivating and commerically/operationally focused leader for all direct reports and the wider business
Full details of the responsibilities of this role can be found on the recently circulated role profile.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate could come from either an operational or medical background, and will demonstrate some or all of the following:
- The ability to demonstrate commercial awareness and operational leadership
- Experience of leading and coaching a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience of working in an insurance/regulated/medicolegal environment
Experience of managing Third Party relationships
Change management and continuous improvement experience
- Car allowance
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme (for permanent roles)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 30 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society